Cloud ERP For Handicraft Industry?
Does your Handicraft manufacturing firm suffer from mismanagement? Do you feel that the sheer number of employees working in your company makes it difficult to run any management scheme? Is it getting difficult for you to manage finished products? Are you afraid that most of your assigned tasks are seldom completed? Do the accounting numbers haunt you? Does the fear of running out of inventory forces you to overstock?
If your answer is YES to one, more or even all of the above problems, then WE TOO AGREE with you.
But we are not here just for agreeing. We are here to provide solutions – Real life solutions which will eliminate all managerial issues which are plaguing your business and make it more profitable than it ever was.
You will soon be able to understand the root cause of most of the problems. We would also present you with a rational approach to end all your problems.
Managing contacts of various partners often becomes cumbersome. Handicraft industry deals with a lot of people, and thus chances are there that contacts of these people are mixed or lost. Since handicraft industry thrives on the quantity of products produced, it becomes important that these are accurately accounted. Errors are often seen in maintaining sale-list due to the sheer size of the order. Pricing is another glaring issue. Since so many varieties of goods are produced, keeping a tab on price trends is important to maintain consistency.
Maintaining the request for quotation is a huge problem. While sourcing products from different companies, keeping quotation history becomes important as it allows for better negotiation and comparison. Outsourcing from different sources also calls for shipment tracking, which is absent in most firms.
SHIFT MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS
Handicraft industries employ a lot of people. Most of these people work in rotational shifts. Inefficient management of these shifts leads to conflicts and derails the overall work culture. Handicraft industry misses the presence of a system which can manage any given number of employees.
EMPLOYEE AND PAYROLL PROBLEMS
As mentioned earlier, the handicraft industry employs so many people that employee management often becomes its Achilles’ heel. The people are considered to be a company’s biggest asset and management of their attendance, leaves, payroll and expenses becomes a challenging task.
TASK MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS
A lot of tasks are delegated to employees. Keeping a tab on these tasks is very challenging. There are tasks related to repair, maintenance, order, sales, attendance etc. Keeping the workplace maintained is also important. Tasks pertaining to machinery maintenance, office hygiene, electrical and civil maintenance require vigilance in order to be duly realized.
With a never ending line of people visiting the industry, keeping a checklist becomes highly demanding. Piles of manual registers often get destroyed and the owners seldom have information regarding the same.
ALREADY TIRED? THERE’S MORE! BUT WE PROMISE TO NOT LET YOU GO EMPTY HANDED. REMEMBER, WE ARE WORKING TOWARDS SOLVING ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS. SO HANG ON….
Knowing the quantity of the inventory in the warehouse is important since it allows for streamlining the process of production. Keeping a checklist of incoming items such as raw materials, and outgoing items such as finished products can be a daunting task. Owners often struggle to get this information accurately.
A handicraft industry employs a number of processes the end product of which is papers and piles of paper. Paperwork relating to payroll, inventory management, sales, order, maintenance and balance sheets creates a huge financial challenge which involves a lot of numbers. This can numb the senses of even the most proficient professionals.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS
The products in handicraft industry are handmade. Since automation is not practiced, looking after the quality of the products becomes difficult especially after the products have reached the warehouse. It is not possible to employ that many quality managers who could oversee the production of all the products.
INFORMATION DISSIPATION PROBLEMS
Owners and managers often have to give information to the workforce of the industry. Since there are a lot of employees working under a lot of division, information is seldom dissipated to all and at desired speed. Many of the employees are unheard about their company’s direction and are just concerned about working their shifts. Many of the welfare schemes initiated by the company also fail to reach the employees. The handicraft really misses the presence of a communication system which can transfer information both horizontally and vertically within the organization.
AND HERE’S COMES THE PART YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR –
The solution to all of the problems mentioned above is called Cloud ERP.
WHAT IS CLOUD ERP?
Cloud ERP is a Software as a Service (SaaS) program which can be accessed anytime from anywhere. Cloud ERP retains all the benefits of a traditional ERP program. Data is stored in the cloud and not on the company’s server and can be accessed anytime.
BUT TO UNDERSTAND THE FULL POTENTIAL OF CLOUD ERP WE NEED TO ACQUAINT OURSELVES WITH THE CONCEPT OF ERP.
In order to understand ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) in its most empirical way, one needs to think about the processes involved in a business. These may include inventory management, order management, accounting, human resource and customer relationship management (CRM) and much more. At its most basic level, an ERP software integrates all of the above information into one complete system, thus streamlining the operations across an organization. Since every business differs from one another in terms of size, model, operation, division of labour etc, the Manufacturing ERP software for every business is different from the other.
How Cloud ERP Can Solve The Problems Of The Handicraft Industry?
Cloud ERP software can be customised to suit the needs of an individual firm. Therefore all problems relating to handicraft industry whether generic or specific can be maimed by the effective use of this software.
The ERP software can be laden with features to combat specific problems. Let us have a look at them individually.
- Maintaining of sales order
- Recording and comparing trends in prices of different products
- Auto invoice generation based on datafeed
- Maintained history of requested quotes
- Tracking of incoming shipments
SHIFT MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
- Centralised information relating to shift updated in the software
- Automated shift rotation to eliminate biasness
- Optimization of work schedule for every employee
EMPLOYEE AND PAYROLL SOLUTION
- Auto identity card generation to enforce corporate identity
- Auto Payroll generation
- Tracking of leave, attendance, performance and recruitment of the workforce
TASK MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
- Centralized task creation and monitoring system
- Vigilance software for workplace and machinery maintenance
VISITOR MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
- Digital register of all visitors
- Computerised segregation of visitors into suppliers, customers, guests, etc
- Real time tracking of supplies and inventories
- Live update of products going in and out of the warehouse
- Provision for stock forecasting based on trends
- Management of all financial work in one place
- Validation of invoices
- Automated follow-ups for payment
- Auto-generation of various documents based on data
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
- Generation of checkpoints for product checking before it reaches the warehouse
- Notifications to the management in case of faulty products
- Maintaining a database of all defective products
INFORMATION DISSIPATION SOLUTIONS
- Notice board for all employees for effective communication
- Grievance board to accommodate for complains of the workforce
In addition to all the benefits enlisted above, the unique selling proposition of cloud ERP is that all information can be accessed by the user anytime and anywhere. Therefore the owners and the managers need not look at multiple places in order to get relevant information. Cloud based software also increases the speed of decision implementation, thereby further streamlining the process.
So now that you know, what is needed to be done in order to solve all managerial woes, let us introduce you to the king of cloud ERP service provider – EXPAND ERP
You may ask what separates EXPAND ERP from other providers. EXPAND ERP is the most flexible and provides some exclusive features provided by no one else.
Why Expand ERP?
- We provide Highly flexible ERP integration to suit every manufacturer’s needs.
- We provide End-to-end integrated software, which eliminates the need to have multiple vendors.
- We have provision for Third-party integration in our software. For example – Magento, Paytm, Warehouse
- We can also integrate Backlinks for ecommerce in our software.
- There is also a dedicated mobile app which adds on the on-the-go experience of cloud ERP.
- We have got 15+ Years of expertise behind us.
- Our success can be measured in terms of success stories of our clients.