ERP Software for Book Publishers
A publishing company sources its content or stories, then designs, publishes and then finally distributes the books. The various forms of publications are magazines, books, newspapers, directories etc which can be published daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly basis.
The processes involved are crucial in nature and if a problem arises in even one process, it has a domino effect on all the subsequent processes. Thus, to keep the coherent workflow smooth and seamless, organisations need to adopt new technologies and tools that will enhance performance and growth.
ERP software for book publishers has been around nearly as long as commercial software has been available to businesses. But the ERP software market has a tendency to look homogenous, so it’s tough to distinguish. These systems consolidate and streamline records and data from internal business processes like finance, sales, production, and complex supply chains. They also provide centralised databases that act as a single source of truth on whose basis the entire enterprise depends.
Essential benefits of using ERP to counter the challenges of a book manufacturing business
To manage daily tasks efficiently, all departments of a publishing house needs to be at par with the overall processes and optimum data visibility.
Expand ERP counters all the difficulties and operational snags in the publishing industry from a single portal.
- Managing subscriptions – subscriptions is a very important revenue generator for any publishing company. Your ERP will send reminders for renewals and manage a list of old/new subscribers with a smart record keeping software.
- Optimum Supply Chain Management – SCM improves with full control over inventory.
- Reduces manual work of data entry.
- Reduces usage of paper.
- Decreases risk of errors as all transaction and entry is automated.
- Enhances decision making – accuracy in data entry will automatically enhance decision making.
- Warehouse management – with a comprehensive inventory tracking warehouse stock is managed on the go.
- Improves material quality by taking care of compliances, inspection and analysis systems.
- Efficiency in production cycle – ERP manages your production cycle including capacity observation, planning raw material obtaining etc.
- Inventory module improvises material planning and maintains records of previous sales, quality in hand and backorder quantity etc.