ERP Software for Iron and Steel Industry
The Steel and Fabrication Industry is also known as a basic industry or feeder industry as it provides the basis for operation of other industries. The products from this industry are used as raw materials by other industries. In India, steel industries are concentrated in the Chhota Nagpur and Deccan regions. The main centres are Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Bhilai, Rourkela, etc. Metal fabrication is the creation of metal (steel) structures by involving processes like assembling, cutting and bending.
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP for the iron and steel industry is a wizard tool for the steel industry. In fact, the steel and fabrication industry has seen tremendous growth in the last few years with the advancement of technology. Many steel and fabrication industries turn up ERP software for the iron and steel industry to streamline and optimize their business.
Advantages of ERP
- Transforms unstructured processes into routine transactions
- It can replace or reduce the human labour involved in processes.
- It can transfer information rapidly and with ease over extensive distances.
- It can help manufacturing companies in carrying out analysis such as: Forecasting of market demand based on statistical models; Capturing of hidden market trends through multi-dimensional analysis; Identification of potential improvement areas.
- It can bring a vast amount of detailed information into the process.
- It allows the capture and dissemination of knowledge and expertise to improve the process.