“If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution.”
– Steve Jobs
The Steel and Fabrication Industry is also known as a basic industry or feeder industry as it provides the basis for operation of other industries. The products from this industry are used as raw materials by other industries.
The steel industry is a heavy industry because it uses bulky raw materials such as iron ore, coal, limestone, manganese, labour, capital as well as other infrastructure. Refining iron ore, smelting it in a blast furnace and manufacturing steel are the processes involved in this industry. After the iron is extracted from its ore, the molten iron is cooled and moulded to make pig iron. Impurities are then removed and pure iron is obtained. Some amount of carbon is mixed with this pure iron to obtain steel. The steel industry has largely developed in the region where iron ore and coal are easily available.
In India, steel industries are concentrated in the Chhota Nagpur and Deccan regions. The main centres are Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Bhilai, Rourkela, etc. Metal fabrication is the creation of metal (steel) structures by involving processes like assembling, cutting and bending.
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP for Steel and fabrication is a wizard tool for the steel industry. In fact, the steel and fabrication industry has seen tremendous growth in the last few years with the advancement of technology. Many steel and fabrication industries turn up for ERP software to streamline and optimize their business. After successful implementation of an ERP software in an industry, it can reap much more than before. The fabrication industry is a large scale industry with extensive business processings on a daily basis. Without digital automation it is next to impossible to execute the processes seamlessly resulting in loss of ROI and business growth. The best ERP software on cloud is perfect for performing such activities with ease and driving business efficiency.
Enterprise Resource Planning is a software available on cloud or over the internet that helps the company to manage and control all business activities streamlined into one single system. The software can automate many tasks in a steel manufacturing industry in many ways such as, planning, processing of the different metals, fabricating to make different machines and tools, and also distributing the finished products to the end buyers by Virtual Distribution Channel.
Various Ways that an ERP Software can Benefit a Steel Manufacturing Industry:
- It can transform unstructured processes into routine transactions such as electronic approval of purchase orders based on predefined company policies.
- The software can replace or reduce the human labour involved in processes, like matching of supplier invoices based on accepted purchase receipts.
- ERP cloud software can transfer information rapidly and with ease over extensive distances. It is now possible for various offices and factories of an organization to perform transactions and analysis on the same server, reducing geographical distances and performing transactions remotely.
- The ERP software system can help manufacturing companies in carrying out analysis such as: Forecasting of market demand based on statistical models; Capturing of hidden market trends through multi-dimensional analysis; Identification of potential improvement areas.
- It can bring a vast amount of detailed information into the process.The software can enable changes in the sequence of tasks in the process, often allowing multiple tasks to be performed concurrently.
- An ERP allows the capture and dissemination of knowledge and expertise to improve the process.
- A good ERP software system allows detailed tracking of task status, inputs and outputs.
A steel manufacturing industry has a number of protocols and procedures to follow right from the beginning of production. Thus the ERP software handles all the tedious administration tasks and processes efficiently. Such ERP softwares has traversed a long way upgrading and updating each day and have become easily affordable. Today a best fit ERP software is an essential technical tool that should be used by large. Medium as well as SMEs to enhance efficiency and productivity resulting in optimal growth.
Expand ERP is India’s best-fit cloud ERP system for fast-growing businesses like yours. It empowers the mid-sized manufacturers in the export and retail industry with real-time visibility and complete control over their business for faster expansion by simplifying complex business processes.
With over 15 years of extensive R&D and market testing, we have developed a software that seamlessly fits into Indian Business. We are the OEM of this solution. Further, specific fitment through customization and integration are made for the company’s unique needs. All measures are taken to fit seamlessly into the existing business processes to deliver the maximum benefit of our solution.
Expand ERP cloud software drives maximum growth and ROI to your business.
At such an hour of national emergency, we are open for business and believe that with cutting edge technology even you can work remotely seamlessly with ease.
Please leave a comment below if this article was of any value to you or for any further queries. To know more about Expand ERP and how it will transform your business operations please allow us to arrange for the best fitment test and product walkthrough by our BizTech Expert.