Expand ERP Data Security
Small, medium and large organizations count on eDominer data security and protection to meet their needs. We take security very seriously and have developed a comprehensive set of practices, technologies and policies to help ensure your data is secure. If you are currently maintaining your data on personal computers or your own servers, the odds are that we offer a better level of security than what you currently have in place. This document outlines some of the mechanisms and processes we have implemented to help ensure that your data is protected. Our security practices are grouped in four different areas: Physical Security; Network Security; People Processes and Redundancy and Business Continuity.
Our datacenters are hosted in some of the most secure facilities available today in locations that are protected from physical and logical attacks as well as from natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, floods, etc.
- 7x24x365 Security. The data centers that host your data are physically secured and physically restricted zones.
- Video Monitoring. Each data center is monitored 7x24x365.
- Access to Expand ERP data centers is tightly restricted and physically not allowed unless authorized.
- Undisclosed multiple locations.
- Fire Prevention. The Expand ERP host data centers are guarded by industry-standard fire prevention and control systems.
Our network security team and infrastructure helps protect your data against the most sophisticated electronic attacks. The following is a subset of our network security practices. These are intentionally stated in a very general way, since even knowing what tactics we use is something hackers crave.
- Secure Communication. All data transmission to Expand ERP services are encrypted and we use certificates issued by SHA 256 based CA ensuring that our users have a secure connection from their browsers to our service. We use the latest and strong ciphers for message authentication and key exchange mechanism.
- Our network is gated and screened by highly powerful and certified Intrusion Detection / Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Control and Audit. All accesses are controlled and also audited.
- Secured / Sliced Down OS. Expand ERP applications run inside a secured, sliced-down operating system engineered for security that minimizes vulnerabilities.
- Virus Scanning. Traffic coming into Expand ERP Servers is automatically scanned for harmful viruses using state of the art virus scanning protocols which are updated regularly.
Designing and running data center infrastructure requires not just technology, but a disciplined approach to processes. This includes policies about escalation, management, knowledge sharing, risk, as well as the day to day operations. Expand ERP host’s security team has years of experience in designing and operating data centers and continually improves our processes over time. Expand ERP and it’s host are performing in individual capacity to develop world class practices for managing security and data protection risk.
- Select Employees. Only employees with the highest clearance have access to our data center data. Employee access passwords are strictly regulated. We limit access to customer data to only a select few of these employees who need such access to provide support and troubleshooting on our customers’ behalf.
- Audits. Audits are regularly performed and the whole process is reviewed by management.
- As-Needed Basis. Accessing data center information as well as customer data is done on an as-needed only basis (i.e. as part of a support incident), or by senior security management to provide support and maintenance.
Redundancy and Business Continuity
One of the fundamental philosophies of cloud computing is the acknowledgment and assumption that computer resources will at some point fail. We have designed our systems and architecture with that in mind.
- Power Redundancy. Expand ERP host configures its servers for power redundancy – from power supply to power delivery.
- Internet Redundancy. Expand ERP host is connected to the world –and you- through multiple Tier-1 ISPs. So if any one fails or experiences a delay, you can still reliably get to your applications and information.
- Redundant Network Devices. Expand ERP host data center runs on redundant network devices (switches, routers, security gateways) to avoid any single point of failure at any level on the internal network.
- Geo Mirroring. Customer data is mirrored in a separate geographic location for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity purposes.
- Data Protection & Back-up. User data is backed-up periodically across multiple servers, helping protect the data in the event of hardware failure or disaster.
Expand ERP team values the work done by security researchers in improving the security of our service offerings and we are committed to working with the community to verify, reproduce, and respond to legitimate reported vulnerabilities. Please submit security issues at firstname.lastname@example.org