Top reasons to implement a specifically designed ERP software for the leather manufacturing industry.
The multiple uses of leather and its byproducts are not unknown. India is one of the largest producers of leather in the world. The leather manufacturing process is divided into three sub-processes: preparatory stages, tanning and crusting. All true leathers will undergo these sub-processes. A further sub-process, surface coating may be added into the sequence. The list of operations that leathers undergo vary with the type of leather.
The major production centers for leather and leather products in India are located in the states of :
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai, Ambur, Ranipet, Vaniyambadi, Vellore, Pernambut, Trichy, Dindigul and Erode.
- West Bengal – Kolkata.
- Uttar Pradesh – Kanpur, Agra, Noida, Saharanpur.
- Maharashtra – Mumbai.
Leather is quite tough to handle and makes leather goods manufacturing complicated, this is not the only challenge the leather industry has to face. Industry hurdles with regards to calculation, implementation and generation of reports are common. This is exactly where the leather ERP and inventory management software comes in help
Few Challenges Faced By The Industry
Whether the company is engaged in manufacturing leather garments, gloves, tannery or footwear, they have to strictly follow various requirements as far as delivery, accuracy, timelines, promptness of information and quality are concerned.
Few other challenges they face are as follows:
- Sales Order Wise Shipment Tracking
- Sales Order Wise Procurement Planning.
- Order wise production status tracking
- Job work or Sub contractor performance tracking
- Export Documentation
- Work Order Wise profit & loss analysis.
- Calculate landing cost and an average cost
- BOM formulae generation
- Calculate the total cost of manufacturing
- Implement sales and purchase in the process flow
- View all the order cost together
- Consider numerous variants before implementing the Bill of Material
- Quality management of leather
- Tanning process implementation
- Calculate the appropriate rate of converting raw leather
Benefits of implementing Expand smERP Software:
A best fit ERP system can solve all the above challenges and makes the leather manufacturing process easier and faster.
- Creates efficient production plans and stock-based planning
- Easily controls the inflow of raw materials and outflow of finished leather products
- Records stock in more than one unit to help users
- Selects material based on width, size and design
- Follows a reliable prototyping and quote system
- Tracks goods which have been rejected across factories.
- Sample costing – User can capture complete product details including images, CBM, Season, Primary material etc. Users can record process cost along with primary material cost and compare with order for profitability.
- Order wise production tracking – Merchandisers can get complete order status on a click of a button from Proforma Invoice \ LC to Shipping bill. They can get indicators on production delays and procurement delays.
- Inventory allocation against order – Based on the priority of the order the user can allocate the raw material for issue to shop floor or contractors
- Procurement planning on lead time and order date – On one screen the user can see the Indents pending, Purchase in transit to ensure the material is not short or overstocked.
- Export documentation- Complete export documentation like invoice, packing list, bill of lading, shipping bill, incentive tracking, PCFC, advance license tracking, foreign exchange gain loss including automatic accounting is available to provide maximum efficiency and error free reporting.
Are you ready to invest in the right ERP software and take your company to the next level?
The leather manufacturing sector is expected to make much export growth and generate more employment opportunities in the next few years. This is why the focus of everyone associated with this industry is on overcoming the challenges faced by them.Since a leather ERP and inventory management can offer so many benefits, it’s time you implement a reliable ERP software offering the software at affordable prices and overcoming the challenges faced by the leather industry will become easier. Deploy Expand smERP software solutions specially designed for the leather manufacturing industry and can be customised according to your needs.
To know more details contact us at +91 9007026542.