Plastic is arguably the most widely used material in the world. From shopping bags to toys, from storage boxes to softdrink bottles, we are surrounded by plastic. Plastic is the foremost choice when it comes to packaging materials. Nowadays certain biodegradable grade of plastic is also used in flooring and construction. Bottomline : Plastic is everywhere and there is no escaping it. Because of its wide application, the plastic industry is a very profitable sector. Industry experts predict that the plastic industry will only continue to grow, with better technologies and more eco-friendly plastic.
Like every big industry, the plastic industry has its share of problems too. In fact, due to the process of division of labour, the problems are more pronounced. Often problems from one division are carried on to the next in form of an inverted pyramid where each subsequent level carries on the problem of the previous level in a magnified way.
ERP for plastic industry aims at solving all the managerial problems that arises within the industry. But before we delve into the solution, let us try to familiarize ourselves with the problems that the plastic industry faces today.
PROBLEMS OF THE PLASTIC INDUSTRY
- Lack of efficient communication – As mentioned earlier, the plastic industry consists of a number of divisions handling number of processes. Some of these processes are extrusion, calendaring, film blowing, moulding, casting and thermoforming. These processes are mutually inclusive such that subsequent processes cannot start until the previous ones are completed. Due to the size and due to the large number of people involved, miscommunication is inevitable. And this miscommunication causes the entire process to jetlag. A software for the plastic industry which could solve this problem would really help.
- Inventory Visibility – The manufacturing factory and the warehouse is often located far apart. Seldom there is concrete information about the raw materials available in the warehouse. A slight miscalculation ceases the entire production. This reflects negatively on the company’s output. Cloud ERP for plastic industry which can provide live-time updates to warehouse regarding the inventory would be really helpful.
- Compliance to industry standards – The plastic industry operates a lot of industrial regulations, adherence to which is mandatory. Cost of compliance to these regulations can sometimes blow the roof off unless there is proper communication to get it done in a cost effective way.
- Maintaining the quality of the product – In a manually operated factory, looking after the maintenance of the quality of products becomes difficult. Moreover, in case of faulty products, it becomes difficult to track the unit which consistently is producing products with under par quality.
- Data Quality – The growth and prosperity of any manufacturing unit depends upon the accuracy of data collection. Data helps in performance analysis, report making and identifying trends in consumption. It becomes manually impossible to collect and preserve data accurately.
- Customer Service – A huge manufacturing unit generally deals in huge orders. With increase in number of orders, comes increase in customer grievance. In absence of a central surveillance system, it becomes difficult to track these complaints. In the process, not only the company ends up losing the customer but also misses a chance to rectify identifiable shortcomings.
- Waste Management – It is known fact that the plastic industry produces huge quantities of wastes. These wastes are generated from different processes, and differ chemically. Waste disposal could have been a very easy process if the waste from different sources could be segregated and disposed off after being arranged together. But in absence of a central managerial system, the process is not possible.
- Human Resource Management – The plastic industry employs so many people that employee management often becomes its Achilles’ heel. The people are considered to be a company’s biggest asset and management of their attendance, leaves, payroll and expenses becomes a challenging task.
- Task management – A lot of tasks are delegated to employees. Keeping a tab on these tasks is very challenging. There are tasks related to repair, maintenance, order, sales, attendance etc. Keeping the workplace maintained is also important. Tasks pertaining to machinery maintenance, office hygiene, electrical and civil maintenance require vigilance in order to be duly realized.
- Accounting – A plastic industry employs a number of processes the end product of which is papers and piles of paper. Paperwork relating to payroll, inventory management, sales, order, maintenance and balance sheets creates a huge financial challenge which involves a lot of numbers. This can numb the senses of even the most proficient professionals.
NOW THAT WE HAVE ACQUAINTED OURSELVES WITH THE POTENTIAL PROBLEMS THAT THE PLASTIC INDUSTRY FACES TODAY, LET US LOOK THE SOLUTION.
The solution to all of the problems mentioned above is called Cloud ERP.
WHAT IS CLOUD ERP?
Cloud ERP for the plastic industry is a Software as a Service (SaaS) program which can be accessed anytime from anywhere. Cloud ERP retains all the benefits of a traditional ERP for plastic industry. Data is stored in the cloud and not on the company’s server and can be accessed anytime.
BUT TO UNDERSTAND THE FULL POTENTIAL OF CLOUD ERP WE NEED TO ACQUAINT OURSELVES WITH THE CONCEPT OF ERP.
In order to understand ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) in its most empirical way, one needs to think about the processes involved in a business. These may include inventory management, order management, accounting, human resource and customer relationship management (CRM) and much more. At its most basic level, an ERP software integrates all of the above information into one complete system, thus streamlining the operations across an organization. Since every business differs from one another in terms of size, model, operation, division of labour etc, the Manufacturing ERP software for every business is different from the other. All in all, Cloud ERP is the best software for the plastic industry.
WAYS IN WHICH CLOUD ERP CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THE PLASTIC INDUSTRY
Cloud ERP can be tailored to suit the requirements of every manufacturing unit. Therefore, there is provision for solving all the problems of the plastic industry with a coherent implementation of Cloud ERP.
Infact, it will not be wrong to say that not only will cloud ERP solve the existing problems of the plastic industry; it will propel its growth in an unprecedented way. Here is how it can help:
- Foster communication by establishing a common node of contact.
- Owners can send in information at anytime and anywhere.
- Staff grievance can be heard on the go. This fosters a sense of belongingness in the employees
- Effective vertical and horizontal communication.
- Live data feed and collection about the stocks in warehouse
- Maintenance of goods coming in and going out of the warehouse
- Notification to the factory head if the inventory is low
- Helps in placing advance orders for raw materials, thus saving money, as urgent orders tend to be more expensive
- Automated compliance module as opposed to manual spreadsheets
- Avoids the risks that comes along with manual compliance methods
- Cost of compliance is greatly reduced
- Generation of checkpoints for product checking before it reaches the warehouse
- Notifications to the management in case of faulty products
- Maintaining a database of all defective products
- Provision for data to be fed from multiple sources
- Live tracking of data by the owners
- Analysis of data
- Live feeds from consumer complaint portal
- Tracking of grievance till it is solved
- Provision for limiting credit units and other terms
- Streamlined waste management strategy development through data manifestation
- Segregation of waste based on composition
- Automated waste pickup notification
- Efficient communication between different departments to facilitate sustainable waste disposal ideas
Human Resource Management
- Automated sections for attendance
- Auto payroll generation
- Performance analysing
- Employee Grievance aggregator
- Delegation of tasks and tracking
- Provision for rating the quality of the delegated task
- Data analysis for employee performance in terms of tasks completion
- Management of all financial work in one place
- Validation of invoices
- Automated follow-ups for payment
- Auto-generation of various documents based on data
In addition to all the benefits enlisted above, the unique selling proposition of cloud ERP is that all information can be accessed by the user anytime and anywhere. Therefore the owners and the managers need not look at multiple places in order to get relevant information. Cloud based software also increases the speed of decision implementation, thereby further streamlining the process.
So now that you know, what is needed to be done in order to solve all managerial woes, let us introduce you to the king of cloud ERP service provider – EXPAND ERP
You may ask what separates EXPAND ERP from other providers. EXPAND ERP is the most flexible and provides some exclusive features provided by no one else.
Why Expand ERP?
- We provide Highly flexible ERP integration to suit every manufacturer’s needs.
- We provide End-to-end integrated software, which eliminates the need to have multiple vendors.
- We have provision for Third-party integration in our software. For example – Magento, Paytm, Warehouse
- We can also integrate Backlinks for ecommerce in our software.
- There is also a dedicated mobile app which adds on the on-the-go experience of cloud ERP.
- We have got 15+ Years of expertise behind us.
- Our success can be measured in terms of success stories of our clients.