This article was published on: 18/09/20 3:05 PM
Top benefits of an integrated ERP system
“The Internet is ultimately about innovation and integration, but you don’t get the innovation unless you integrate Web technology into the processes by which you run your business.” – Lou Gerstner
Integration is a way of adding slices to find the whole. An Integrated ERP system is a software utilised to optimise business process management. Essentially, a system of interconnected business applications manages your enterprise and automates many back-end business functions such as financial accounting, human resources, and more through function-specific ERP modules. Time and resources are saved and now focus can be shifted on escalating your business.
Different modules that are a must have in a best fit ERP system
ERP systems comprise multiple modules to create a smooth flow of information tailored to both department-level and enterprise-level needs. Expand ERP comes with a host of integrations that provide a huge benefit to the processing of your business smoothly. Some of the functional ERP modules that are integrated into Expand ERP system are:
- Online shopping
- Marketplace integration
- Warehouse and inventory management
- GST, P/L,Balance sheet
- Lead Management
- Point of sale and retail order
- Schemes and offers
- Export Documentation
- Production and job work
- Service Request
- Mobile Apps
- Third party integrations
Why use an integrated ERP solution?
These strategic tools reduce costs, optimise business processes, and promote healthier risk management. At the very core of every ERP software is the aim to bring every aspect of your business together under one roof to produce the best out of a business.
For instance, a customer-specific ERP software or CRM will boost customer relations that converts to revenue for the business. A CRM enables managers to take a detailed look at every customer relationship. They can organise the client base as per their values — high and low, and target higher value customers with their marketing material and sales efforts. Communications with clients then become informative, timely and efficient. Implementing CRM also makes it easier to respond quickly when key clients have a complaint.
Many business owners still think that they can run their entire business with just accounting software. It is nearly impossible to manage the organisation online with a software that deals only with finance. Here’s when an integrated ERP software is imperative.
A company can even optimise their supply chain to eliminate waste with integrated warehouse management and shop floor management where efficiency is improved through constant communication and revamping of systems according to trends.
Where is ERP today?
ERP is used everywhere. ERP software now works in conjunction with a variety of technology trends to encompass every single business need one might think of. The following new and continuing computing trends have an impact on the growth of ERP software:
- Mobile ERP Apps Executives and employees want real-time access to information. Consequently, businesses are embracing mobile ERP apps to gain visibility into real-time reports and dashboards. Users can access data remotely and can respond to customer or business needs instantly. Expand ERP has 5 innovative mobile ERP apps to ease the task of users and produce more efficiency.
- Cloud ERP software The cloud has advanced on all fronts of business as the advantages of the cloud such as, access to data in real-time, scalability and expandable storage, has become a mandate. Expand ERP is a cloud software that allows you to run your business completely online from anywhere.
- Social ERP Social media has been abuzz with how important —or not — it is to add social media to ERP systems. Many have been quick to seize the opportunity and connected social media to their ERP system
Future of ERP software
The business environment in present times has become very complicated. The level of competition is increasing. So are the expectations of customers. This makes it essential that businesses use their resources efficiently. This is possible only through the integration of technology with business operations.These technology trends not only help in reducing the wastage of resources but also help modernize the functions. ERP is essential for a modern-day business.
Do you already have an ERP system in place or are looking to get one for your business? Then you need to know about the trends that will shape the future of ERP in 2021.
- More ERP users will switch to Cloud: The year 2018 saw the movement of several software platforms to the cloud. Till now ERP is lagging with the integration of cloud computing. In the year 2020, expectations are ripe that more ERP users will switch to the cloud. This trend holds great importance for small to medium businesses.
- Businesses must be ready for Updates: With the rising trend of cloud ERP solutions, there are going to be more updates available. This will need the businesses to keep their personnel always ready. They cannot rely on an old-release version for much longer.
- The blockchain is the future: Blockchain has found takers in various enterprise software. It will find its way in the ERP also. The blockchain is one of the most secure platforms for carrying out transactions. Though, it is only in the nascent stages right now. But the future of ERP will feature blockchain.
- Artificial Intelligence is the way to go: Artificial Intelligence services are impacting every facet of business operations. The concept of machine learning is going to revolutionize ERP. It will help businesses achieve high levels of automation. It will replace the need for human resources across various functions.
- Personalization of ERP Solutions: As per the trends,businesses will opt for personalization instead of customization in ERP. It will help them stay up to date with the industry trends. Business users will look for personalization of solutions instead of modifications. It provides the company with a specialized solution at a fraction of the cost.
How will your business benefit from an integrated ERP system?
Originally, ERP systems were created with the purpose of seamlessly merging basic processes like planning, manufacturing, and sales with each other within an enterprise. Today ERP software encompasses marketing, inventory monitoring, order automation, customer service, finance, and human resources as well. As the scope of functions covered by an ERP software has increased, it has also led to increased communication among correlated departments. Every company is a synergistic entity and all the departments must collaborate amongst each other to meet the needs of the entire company. An integrated ERP system enables you to do just that by providing role-based access to information with linked ERP modules.
Expand ERP cloud software is India’s best fit ERP software for mid sized manufacturers in retail and export industry.
We are a Single integrated Erp software that can run your entire business completely online. We offer Integrations amalgamated with Innovations and Intelligence.
Moving your business to an integrated ERP system is a concentrated effort that is well worth the time and energy. Taking the essential steps to move to remote-friendly operations will actually help your business grow and thrive, improve communication at your company, and show opportunities for growth that may have been hidden in the day-to-day. You may find that taking these steps will get you closer to your goals than ever before. So it’s time you gifted your business with this magic tool and watch it grow like never before. Ask for a free trial period at: 9007026542