Expand ERP Software – the best fit ERP Company in India recommends best practices for your Finance Team
We believe as Warren Buffet has rightly said; “ It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it. If you think about that you’ll do things differently.” It has taken us over 15 years of market experience to build the trust of our several patrons. It is our mission to keep up to our promises and strive endlessly to satisfy our customers. Therefore, even at the most trying times Expand ERP – the best fit ERP company in India has successfully delivered satisfied services to customers.
We at Expand ERP realise that our customers and patrons depend on us and the services we provide now at these unprecedented times more than ever. We are committed to continuing to support their core Finance, HR, and People systems under any circumstances. The crisis will pass, and when it does, we want to ensure that our customers come out stronger and more resilient to counter all challenges that may crop up as obstacles in their business.
In order to continue to provide practical support and guidance, we have curated this document as a manual with guidelines to follow for remote Accounts and finance teams using Expand ERP cloud software– the best fit ERP software provider.
- Enable email notifications – email notifications in the system are required to pertain actions of the user’s role at the company. (i.e.For any approval in any module should not be delayed and ensured via email notifications.)
- Define hierarchy within the organization – communicate within all departments and leaders should be clear and accurate to avoid disruption. Knowing who your Admin is will avoid password reset delays and ensure necessary approvals are ready to go.
- Set delegates for purchase approvals – This way, when a user who is vital to the approval process is out of the office, they can go to their Preferences, turn on their delegation, and their approvals will then route to the configured delegate approver.
- IP settings done right – If using IP filtering, you should ensure the IP addresses or IP range for each user is set within the company’s security settings. This will prevent log-in errors relating to IP mismatch.
- Keep the company message board updated – An Admin can update any news internally via posts in the software which can be accessed by all users.
- Cross-train users and ensure a back-up – In Case of absence of someone for an extended period of time, within an organization, we will see a sudden influx of cases because a user who performs a crucial task is out unexpectedly.This can be avoided with a backup.
- In addition to cross-training, documentation of all processes and actions of each user performance should be maintained for future reference for emergency needs. This often results in contacting support with a multitude of training related inquiries, and the ERP support team will recommend training.
Product Managers advise –
- Consider adding an AP -automation partner to the equation so you can electronically inbound invoices. The integrations to receive payment may be handy to get more payments electronically .Integrated banks and payment gateways with your ERP software allows easy money transactions inbound as well as outbound.
- Expand ERP Systems Integration has the AR Accelerator add-in for customers that have a lockbox at their bank already. This is an excellent time to consider setting one up, if you don’t have one. A lockbox service can eliminate having to collect receipts at a central location, as well as eliminate the need to handle mail for internal staff.
- Bank feeds provide an electronic option or to import a clearing file.
- Spend Management can be an option if you haven’t implemented electronic approvals in spending processes (AP, PO, EE) or general ledger. This would be an excellent time to implement spend management.
- The concept of a ‘Resources’ dashboard may be helpful – examples to include: urls for different types of documents around processes, or forms, or other types of information to help staff members locate resources.
- How are you sharing information internally from your finance to other departments in your business? This is an optimal time to use dashboards and the report scheduler for paperless data delivery. The report scheduler supports delivery via PDF or Excel.
- Encouraging going paperless is even more important with this pandemic. Research the tools that will help your team go paperless. It will reduce the amount of production/interaction with contaminated tangible items.Expand ERP cloud software provides the facility to store all data on cloud platforms resulting in zero hard copy.
Virtual (work from home ) tips:
- Keep your cameras on during your virtual team meetings.
- Talking and interacting with your coworkers helps you feel engaged and included.
- Talking with turning on the cameras will bring new perspectives and spark new ideas.
- Use an instant messaging platform to keep your status updated, allowing you to maintain visibility when you are available.
- Arrange a monthly Townhall for all team member’s mandatory participation for mutual sharing of appraisals, grievances and news updates of the organisation.
- Maintain a Gantt Chart for all team members to feed in their pending work and work in progress and work done shared with all.
Expand is India’s best-fit ERP software on cloud for the Retailers & Exporters in midsized manufacturing business.
It drives business efficiency with ease by perfectly fitting into the existing business process and effectively automating most complex processes. With Expand ERP one can manage his entire business completely online.
Further, to deliver the maximum benefit of our solution, we do Direct Implementation. With our completely in-house Anytime Support & Remote Assist, our experts will make the digital transformation of your organization hassle free.
We hope you find this guide helpful! We recognize that the present times are a bit uncertain but our Team Expanders are here to support you in any way we can. If you have additional questions or comments, please reach out to us at: