How to achieve ERP benfits?
While selecting an ERP system, companies may see about unlimited possibilities in terms of improvements in their businesses. However, somewhere along, many ERP systems do not reach the expectations and the company suffers.
In experiences, aligning of organizations is not a priority for companies during selecting a software. Moreover, companies are very desperate to find a new ERP system fast so that it addresses their pain points and they lose sight of their business goals.
Staying focused on benefits realization is not easy. Therefore we’ve found many strategies which will help companies realize significant benefits from their ERP projects. These strategies are most effective when implemented before or during the selection process.
- Understand Your Current Status – You can realize many business benefits by knowing your pain points in your current system.
- Outline Expected Benefits and ROI – When embarking on ERP projects with clients, we typically help them clarify their overall business goals, so they can determine how ERP software can support these goals. This leads to a discussion about business benefits.
- Ensure Organizational Alignment – Your company needs clearly defined business goals along with project goals.In addition to this they also need an understanding of how they tie together. Everyone, especially executives in the company needs this understanding.
- Develop A Realistic Project Plan – Unrealistic expectations often is one of the main causes of low benefits realization and ERP failure.
- Focus On Change Management – You cannot realise business benefits if the end-users are not ready to use the new ERP software.
- Think Twice About Changing Your Goals – While changing the ERP system all processes, like customization or scope adjustment must be viewed. Also keeping in mind your project goals is necessary.
- Continually Measure Benefits Realisation – Identify gaps between projected and actual benefits throughout the project. This helps managers to understand what they are doing well and how they can improve.
- Continually Improve – If the company is including, focusing on business process management as a part of your ERP projects, you should understand the importance of continuous improvement.
Some more ways by which an ERP system can help our industry grow :
- They can easily integrate with all our application and business management tools. This provides a single platform for all our operations.
- It effectively manages project planning, scheduling, inter department communication, etc. This optimizes all our industrial processes.
- It provides us with detailed project and market analytics for better sales performances.
- It manages various currency, foreign policies and compliance and finances with ease.
Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.
What You Can’t but Should Expect from A Modern ERP in Kolkata
Admittedly Kolkata for all its charm and nostalgia is not the financial hub of India. But that does not deter thousands of small businesses from starting a shop and thriving in this complex atmosphere of layers of contradictions. If you are located in the eastern region of India, then before you go shopping for an ERP in Kolkata, check out whether it has the following features which form the backbone of any modern ERP that can truly stand up to the best of the world.
An Integrated CRM-
Even businesses with existing ERPs in place would do their operational efficiency a world of good by investing a modern variant of this highly popular system which is peerless in its enviable combination of efficiency and popularity. A modern ERP should have the following features:
What can possibly matter more to a business than its valued customers. A good CRM ensures that one-off purchasers are converted into returning and loyal customers. Customers relationships matter and ideally you would like to have your pulse on the exact customer demographics. Integrated calendars and reminders make CRM a breeze for owners of businesses or the respective departments in large departments.
Many businesses in the region concentrate on exports thus making it imperative that the ERP contains invoice and packing lists features. Forward contracts and export incentive are other areas of concern for them.
An ERP that helps in inventory management through software is nothing short of a boon. Major features to watch out for are the transfer and routing of stocks, management of contacts along with management of the Bin and Stores.
Accounting is an essential part of any business process. Your ERP should pass with flying colors when tested on this front. Pay particular attention to credit notes and cost centers in addition to overall management of the finance of your business concern.
In the case of industries if nothing is produced, nothing is consumed leaving you with a bad business at hand. The ideal ERP should have provisions for quality checks, advice on the production process and production of the bill of materials.
HR or Payroll-
Increasingly it is being found that the payroll function of the entire business process is being centralized and your ERP should have no problems in making this long felt need, another problem solved. This comprehensive process should comprise of payslips, management of payroll and management of employees.
In this era of online stores customers more than ever eager to check their other issues that concern them themselves. An ERP should facilitate this process with a state of the art customer portal, a well designed and thought out shopping cart along with the final barrier to a sale, payment gateways that integrate with process of shopping without a hitch
If you are wondering whether you can really expect all of this plus more from an ERP in kolkata then stop wearing out your grey cells and pay a visit to ExpandERP. It is Kolkata’s own but packs a punch thay maybe compared to the best professional boxers that you are likely to find anywhere.