City Services is one of the most popular privately owned public transportation companies of West Bengal. Not only are the popular among the general public but also are favored by the celebrities and VIP.
- One of the major issues that they were facing was the calculation of mileage for the ever increasing fleet of vehicles. As the number of buses kept increasing it was nearly an impossible task to track the fuel expenses for each of them manually. Scope for fuel theft always loomed over there at head since it was very difficult to isolate the specific vehicle vis-a-vis its driver who was showing abnormal fuel consumption.
- City Services was looking for was a robust booking management for their public transportation business. They wanted to capture every aspect of a vehicle booking including Contact Details of the Customer, details of the vehicle booked, details of the driver assigned, schedule of the trip, extra charges such as the parking charges, toll etc., advance paid by the customer – all into a single system.
- They also wanted notifications to be sent to the customer and driver on certain events such as confirmation of booking, reminder about the day(s) of trip etc
- The first step towards eradicating the issue was to create the entire fleet in the year. Then the users flagged the vehicle to be AC and Non AC, since an AC bus consumed more fuel than a Non AC bus.
- An import feature was designed through which users could upload information such as odometer reading between trips, quantity of fuel purchased, vehicle number, etc. obtained from the predefined fuel stations where the vehicles were supposed to refuel.
- By comparing the information uploaded by the users Expand was able to isolate the vehicles which showed an abnormal consumption of fuel between certain trips. By comparing the information uploaded by the users Expand was able to isolate the vehicles which showed an abnormal consumption of fuel between certain trips.
- Through the Service Booking module present in Expand we were able to map every aspect of the booking for them.
- They were able to send notifications from the system as desired from the system and also generate unique reports on booking summary, driver and vehicle booking schedule, dues pending to the drivers and helpers, dues pending from the customers — from EXPAND