This article was published on: 2/02/21 12:45 PM
It gives me immense pleasure to see the overwhelming response of every edition of our newsletter. Your comments and feedback are of great value to our team and gives us energy to rebound every month.
On that note, our R&D team has conducted a market analysis this month, of the reasons why ERP software implementations fail. The alarming results show lack of industry knowledge from the vendor’s point of view and deficiency in the customer’s product knowledge.
Therefore in this edition of our newsletter we will be highlighting problems and solutions for what makes an ERP implementation fail.The most vital drawback is that ERP softwares is sold as ‘one size fits all’ .
We at Expand ERP ensure that your ERP fits in best with your customised and unique industry/ regional specific requirements.Unless it fits perfect, it is impossible that your ERP software will give back desired results. This is the reason why India has chosen us as the best fit ERP software for mid sized manufacturers in the export and retail industry.
The articles that will follow have specific information and knowledge about why your ERP software needs to be industry specific.
I sincerely wish the best of luck and prosperity for all our patrons and well wishers.
CEO, eDominer Technologies Pvt Ltd.
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different!” – Coco Channel
Expand ERP is India’s best-fit cloud ERP system for fast-growing businesses like yours. It empowers the mid-sized manufacturers in the export and retail industry with real-time visibility and complete control over their business for faster expansion by simplifying complex business processes.
With over 15 years of extensive R&D and market testing, we have developed a software that seamlessly fits into Indian Business. We are the OEM of this solution. Further, specific fitment through customization and integration are made for the company’s unique needs. All measures are taken to fit seamlessly into the existing business processes to deliver the maximum benefit of our solution.
Industry-specific ERP systems offer essential tools for business management, accounting, and finance just like generic systems but these systems offer features that are tailored to an organization’s specific industry.
Advantages of Industry-Specific ERP software:
Any organisation that desires to deploy an ERP software should always opt for an industry-specific solution.It can instantly reach the next level and stand tall against all competitors with the implementation of industry-specific ERP software.
There are several benefits of industry specific ERP systems.
Quick Implementation and Reduced Costs –
Any generic ERP software does not fulfil specific industry demands without the supplementation of add-ons and integrations. Such customizations are not only cumbersome but expensive as well. Further, every time a vendor updates the ERP system, rewriting the customizations will be necessary. For instance, if we look at the automotive industry, the supplier and consumer demand alteration reports display how demand has transformed with time. When an ERP solution is unable to offer this kind of functionality, it will automatically decrease its capacity to compete.Expand ERP software carries built-in functionality with the ability to set the system quickly. There is no lack of a documented system of procedures and core model fixation template.Expand ERP for the automotive industry has the unique functionalities that are required to conduct business with ease.
- Customer friendly and adequate industry knowledge
Vendors of these solutions carry domain knowledge in particular industries and also with the customers. It is imperative to select an ERP partner that takes active participation in known industry organizations. Such vendors construct functionality in the solutions depending on the knowledge gained from the industries.Expand ERP has more than 16 years of industry experience in the Indian manufacturing market with adequate industry and product knowledge. This helps to customise the software as per your unique needs.
- Supports compliances and regulations with ease
The best reason to implement industry-specific ERP is due to its by default support of government and legal compliances and regulatory requisites for businesses. Especially when it comes to aspects like supply chain and quality, these systems help businesses to comply with all the rules and regulations of the industry. Organizations must select an ERP system that supports worldwide compliance in the spaces of financial accounting, delivery, and quality.This helps in the future for expansion globally.
- Easily scalable and upgraded as per demands
Organisations that deploy industry specific ERP softwares like Expand ERP can swiftly move up the ladder and upgrade without making much amends.They can even expand and craft new applications that are scalable and dependable without the need for developing version lock-in. As upgrading gets easy and rapid with these ERP systems, it is possible to stay current and decrease the gap that lies between altering business environments and ERP. Businesses can adapt to futuristic disruptions, and follow continuous improvement with our ERP solutions.
- Business as per your convenience
Industry-specific ERP software goes far beyond and doesn’t just offer tools like generic ERP softwares. These include capabilities and attributes modified as per an organization’s particular industry and operational requirements. For instance, a production planner with an industry-specific ERP system can employ the functionality of combined batch scheduling for assisting them in scheduling and planning product production. This will give a boost to sales and order . A generic software will call for involving a third-party system product or instigating a pricey add-on.
The features of Expand ERPindustry-specific software are as follows:
- Artificial intelligence and business intelligence
- Wireless barcoding
- Financial and accounting management
- CMMS or Computerized maintenance management system
- Customer relationship management
- MRP or Material requirements planning
- Human Resources
- Supply chain management
- Programmed unit-of-measure conversions
- Demand planning and estimation
- Inventory management
- Expense change management
- Corrective/Non-conformance actions
- BMRs or Batch manufacturing records
- Validation of FDA software
- Regulatory compliance
- Quality management
- Creation of certification of analysis and safety data sheet
Verticals that can benefit from Expand ERP Software:
Businesses belonging to these industries can bring drastic changes in their business processes with industry-specific Expand ERP software implementation. The verticals are as follows:
- Iron and steel
- Services and trade
- Cotton and Textile
- Car Service and rental
- Book publishing
- Beverages and food
- Oil and Gas
Expand ERP has more than 16 years of market research and experience. The software is made in India for the Indian industries. Hence we know how the businesses work. Each and every industry has been specially designed as per their unique needs to provide optimum benefits of implementing an ERP software. Expand ERP is India’s best fit ERP software in midsized manufacturers in the export and retail sector.
“The best ad is a good product.” – Alan Meyer
Digital transformation is the latest buzz in the global market. It is not just a trend. However open to various interpretations, it can be defined as the transformation in business activities brought about by the implementation of digital technologies. In short, it’s redefining the way business is done in a digital age. It has become imperative for companies to embrace it.
- To remain relevant in these changing times businesses must evolve with time. The changes introduced by digital technology are very extensive, and companies have to adapt to them to stay in the competition. Particularly in today’s world where new tech-savvy competitors disrupt the industry every few years, enterprises have to learn how to merge digital technology with their business strategy to survive.
- Digital tools like big data and analytics, cloud computing, and social media are transforming the way businesses are run. Organisations that have embraced digital transformation have seen better profits than their competitors.
- Every company wants its employees to work faster and smarter. Digital tools can help them do that. They can create a more streamlined work environment that will boost collaboration, communication, and productivity. Moreover, by removing manual processes with digital technology, businesses can make their processes highly efficient.
- From shopping online to making digital payments, customers have adopted digital practices. To reach out to them, companies have to undergo digital transformation too. Using the digital channels and tools preferred by customers to engage with them can go a long way in boosting consumer satisfaction and loyalty. Many companies have already started using digital technology to handle customer service and are delivering efficient support, much to their customers’ delight.
Digital transformation is not a choice, but a priority for companies in today’s business world. However, it’s important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all model. Different organisations need different kinds of strategies.
Expand ERP is India’s best fit ERP software for mid sized manufacturers in export and retail industry.It provides the best solutions for industry specific manufacturers in conducting their daily operational functions with ease and reduced time.
Some major problems that can be solved by implementing Expand ERP software are:
- Management of companies depend on people for reporting which can be solved through a simple management Dashboard which shows all the KPIs of the company.
- Workflow can be created with Expand ERP to introduce multi-level approval and audit and efficiently control purchases and payments.
- A major resource and time consuming activity in any company is collecting data, reconciling and then preparing reports on spreadsheets for the management. This is completely eliminated as information gets captured at the entry point itself as Expand ERP can be configured according to any reporting format needed.
- Most export houses prepare export invoice, packing list, gst invoice with the help of text editors or spreadsheets. It is imperative that human errors and extra time is consumed. Expand users can complete this task in moments with ease and accuracy.
- Accounting being the core of any business, Expand ERP has API integration facilities with popular softwares like Tally, SAP etc…
- Expand offers on- premise or on -private cloud options so that your data is always secured with you.
The best integrations or tools that Expand ERP offers to manage your business efficiently are:
1.Whatsapp integration – WhatsApp is NOW integrated with your ERP !
With the advancement of technology each day, the newest trend in ERP software is the WhatsApp integration with ERP. Effective communication is a crucial aspect of every business. In the work environment, it creates unity, sharing of feedback, improved customer relations, employee engagement and enhanced innovation. However, in the daily grind, communication often gets missed. Users might forget to communicate important aspects among each other or customers. They may not send invoices after selling goods, or purchase orders after placing an order or might not inform others to complete their tasks once they have completed their own. This affects the business process in several ways – payment collection gets delayed, because ledgers didn’t get sent when customers asked for them, purchase orders may have not been received on time etc. Revenues get affected, operations and transactions get stagnant resulting in mayhem in management.This scenario can be totally avoided by the implementation of WhatsApp integrated to your ERP business software.
It is undeniably the quickest and most widely used communication tool in the Indian business market. Now, the integration of ERP – the ultimate business automation software integrated with the quickest communication App together will create magic.
The way it works:-
Step1: Through a downloadable connector, a whatsApp activation mechanism should be set.
Step 2: Once activated, a QR Code scanner will open up in your ERP desktop.
Step 3: The QR Code can be scanned using WhatsApp on your phone.
Step 4: This will allow you to use WhatsApp to send messages and documents directly from your ERP
2.Innovative Mobile Apps –
An ERP software in your pocket is not just an innovation but an absolute necessity. Manufacturing businesses today require an intelligent and responsive mobile-enabled ERP solution to respond and resolve any issue to sustain competition and be easily reachable. This would further aid your entire supply chain to adapt instantly to sidestep any obstacles or adapt to potential requirements.
Mobile Apps that are available for Expand ERP licensed users are:
- Remote HR on your mobile – Register attendance and many more HR activities through Expand HR App.
- Systematic Warehouse Management with Expand WMS- Track your Inventory with WMS integrated with Expand ERP Android App available at our Playstore.
- Online Lead generation with Expand Sales – A multi-feature ERP application for Expand users managing business on-the-go.
- Remote Task Management with Expand Service – Manage your to-do-list and miscellaneous tasks from a single multi feature App.
- Document management with Expand File Attachment – Affix all important documents with Expand File Attachment integrated in Android mobile App
3.Lead Management –
It is imperative to manage leads and sales of your business diligently for ultimate growth and ROI. Without customers there is no business and without business an organisation is dead, no matter how organised or good the product is. Taking control of your sales process, reaching out to leads at the right time and converting them into actual opportunities by staying focused on your best deals will ensure an edge above in the competitive market. To add to your efficiency an intuitive Sales and Lead management software like Expand ERP software helps you sell smarter.
Leads Management module of Expand ERP software allows you to monitor and optimize every interaction. Not only does an automated sales management system provide easy tracking of information, it also automates repetitive tasks so that efficiency and productivity can be significantly improved.
4.Third party marketplace integrations –
Expand ERP is fully integrated with ecommerce systems such as Magento, Shopify, eBay, Amazon. Future-ready solutions packed with features offer customers modern, practical and convenient solutions. From real-time inventory information, personalized service, and multiple self-service options, to compatibility with different platforms and devices, the solution has all that it takes to offer a truly omnichannel experience. Highly secure payment gateways, advanced back end workflows, and a whole range of tools help customize modules for superior results.
Warehouse automation software of Expand ERP comes with pre-integrated shipment partners. You can choose the desired logistics partner and assign the delivery of orders.There is no need for more hunting for shipment partners, negotiations and following up. With one click you can assign the order shipment and track it.
As we all know that the shipping and logistics industry is one of the largest growing industries in the world & over 90% of transportation and trade is carried via shipping and logistics. Without shipping and logistics, import & export of bulk goods & amenities across the world would not be possible.Expand ERP has partnered with Blue dart and Shiprocket for the logistics and shipment to make it easier for your export company to deliver products hasslefree.
6.Easy Payment Gateway –
Like all modern online marketplaces for eCommerce business, Expand ERPs shopping cart is readily integrated with payment gateways like Paytm and Cash Free for easy payments and reliable money transactions. By partnering with third party integrations, it makes it easier for you and your customers to carry out monetary transactions with ease and faster.
Running your business on the go makes business much simpler and provides time for you to focus on how to take your business to the next level. With all the above functionalities integrated in a single ERP software, Expand ERP surely delivers what it promises.
1.The New Era of Cashless, Invisible Payments
- As a result of the growing digital payment infrastructure brought on by the pandemic,payments will continue to clear and settle fast in 2021 and become more embedded in businesses. This will make the process of initiating payments faster and easier for end customers, predicted Scott Johnson, head of product at Western Union Business Solutions.In the not-so-distant future, everyday Internet of Things (IoT) devices will become the new payment portal, making it possible for smart appliances and wearables to complete purchases. As technology becomes more sophisticated, and society continues to bring smart devices into their homes, these ‘invisible payments’ will become more mainstream, while physical payment methods become relics of the past.
2.Consumers Becoming More Tolerant of Chatbots for Certain Tasks
If you want to offer more efficient customer services, consider conversational bots instead of a roomful of human company reps. Chatbots could be a better solution to engaging clients and relating to customers.It is said,chatbots will transform the way businesses schedule appointments, consumers check their bank accounts, and shoppers even just order a pizza. But just how accepting consumers will get with chatbots is a subject of intensive research as marketers seek the best paths to integrate chatbots into the business process.These conversational software applications, powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and integrated into e-commerce and customer-facing websites, have the potential for improving information gathering and customer service tasks, as well as providing better tools for handling e-commerce and customer relations management.
- Patron’s Note:
- “I had a great time learning and using the Expand smERP. System was feature rich and easy to learn. Reports were easy to generate and analyse.
- ”By a student of IISWBM