There are many definitions as to what manufacturing industries are. The most concise and specific is as follows:
‘The kind of industries which process raw materials to make finished products constitutes the manufacturing industry.’ As you can see that the narrowest definition of a manufacturing industry is still very vague and broad. Industries that produce FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) such as biscuits, dairy products, washing powders, electronics such as mobile phones, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, paper, furniture and toys are all examples of manufacturing industries.
If an industry is so broad that it cannot be perfectly curated within a concise and specific definition, imagine the variations in the problems that this industry, on the whole, must be facing. Naturally, problems of an FMCG manufacturing industry will be different from those of the chemical industry. Problems of a coffee manufacturer differ from those of a cosmetics manufacturer, even both of them belong to the FMCG industry.
But these problems can widely be classified into managerial problems, accounting problems, HR problems, planning problems, inventory problems, data collection and reporting problems. You may be wondering why we are discussing problems all of a sudden.
Well, because we are about to look at one stop solution to all the problems faced by your manufacturing industry. By following this one simple proposition, you will be able to:
- Solve the existing problems of your manufacturing firm
- Grow your business
- Increase your profit
The solution to all the issues plaguing your manufacturing firm is Cloud ERP. It is nothing less a magical spell – a Patronus charm for the manufacturing industry.
WHAT IS CLOUD ERP?
Cloud ERP is a Software as a Service (SaaS) program which can be accessed anytime from anywhere. Cloud ERP retains all the benefits of a traditional ERP program. Data is stored in the cloud and not on the company’s server and can be accessed anytime.
BUT TO UNDERSTAND THE FULL POTENTIAL OF CLOUD ERP WE NEED TO ACQUAINT OURSELVES WITH THE CONCEPT OF ERP.
To grasp the concept of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) in its most empirical way, one needs to think about the processes involved in a business. These may include inventory management, order management, accounting, human resource and customer relationship management (CRM) and much more. At its most basic level, an ERP software integrates all of the above information into one complete system, thus streamlining the operations across an organization. Since every business differs from one another in terms of size, model, operation and division of labour, the Manufacturing ERP software for every business is different from the other.
HOW CAN CLOUD ERP SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF A MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY?
We have discussed earlier how the various sectors in the manufacturing industry have their problems and how these problems differ from sector to sector. To combat these diverse problems efficiently, the need of the hour is flexible software which tailors itself in accordance with the need of the industry. Thankfully, Cloud ERP is a highly customizable software that can be tweaked to solve the problems of different manufacturing industries. But there are certain specific ways in which Cloud ERP will benefit these industries.
- AGILITY: Cloud ERP provides a central conduit for all data to flow and to be accessed. A centralised data system gives rise to better coordination amongst various hierarchies within the organization. This increased coordination improves the overall agility of the firm. There are faster planning and expedited deployment of the plans. The paperwork becomes streamlined since all the processes for various application approvals are within the software. There is no delay in seeking validation for the documents as all the key players in the company have access to the uploaded documents. There is also a provision to add temporary users for certain projects. It is assured that during a crisis, the turnaround time for a company would be reduced by 90%.
- COST REDUCTION: Cloud ERP does not alter the cost of factors of production. However, it integrates the various factors of production in a way that consistently reduces waste and increases the output. Cloud ERP can be instrumental in predicting costs before beginning production. Since it is a hub of data, by analysing these data, trends in price fluctuation of raw materials can be deduced which can be instrumental in stocking certain raw materials. Therefore a company might save money on raw materials by stocking them before the prices shoot up. Moreover, the cost of the ERP software is quite less when measuring it against the services it offers. Thus, the return on investment is very high. By employing cloud ERP, the owners also avoid huge IT maintenance costs. Cloud ERP software guarantee saving wherever possible.
- INCREASED SCALABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY: The project requirements are different for different projects. Likewise, production is not consistent throughout the year. It fluctuates according to the changes in demand. To accommodate for the fluctuation, a company needs to be flexible. This flexibility is provided by ERP software. Cloud ERP provides the provision for adding new temporary users to the software interface. The outsourced workforce during seasons of high production can, therefore, be accommodated. The software allows for the integration of new 3rd party software as and when required. For example – if a manufacturing firm decides to accept online payment, apps like Paytm can be integrated within. What’s more? You can constantly change your Cloud software as and when required, such as increasing the storage plan. Your software grows with your business and vice versa!
- INCREASED MOBILITY: The forerunners of an organization are often required to be on the go for business expansion, managerial reasons or even entrepreneurial ventures. They need a regular feed of accurate data for monitoring and to channelize the factors of production together. Getting access to a regular feed of data becomes difficult as the size of the industry increases. This problem is solved by the implementation of Cloud ERP. The owners can access data live and channel the factors of production to achieve increased mobility within the organization. The owners can also learn and review various reports on the go since everything is under the canopy of one single app. There is little scope for flawed reporting by the employees as everything is under vigilance through the app. Since everyone is aware that the app monitors deadlines and quality, employees work on their toes and make deadlines meet. The live data-feed allows the forerunners to make quick decisions in terms of sales, purchase, performance and stocking. There is a feeling of positivity and productivity in the workplace.
- CRISIS MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY: The auto backup feature in the software makes sure that you don’t ever lose data. Moreover, data can be access and fed live into the cloud. Our build in encryption is highly secure and no one has been able to hack into our service. Data is a prerequisite for industrial planning and development, so we are extra sure never to compromise on that feature. By analysing the data in the app, presumptive yet intelligent calculations about any approaching crisis can be made. These assumptions allow for better crisis mitigation or can sometimes even allow the company to avoid the impending disaster.
- QUALITY MAINTENANCE: A cloud ERP software, by monitoring the process of production allows for better quality maintenance of finished products. By installing checkpoints at every stage of production, quality inspectors can ensure consistency. Even if the quality falters, getting to the root of the problem is easier. By following the checkbox system, rectifications too can be made promptly.
When it comes to cloud ERP providers in the market, EXPAND ERP is the undisputed king. What makes expand ERP stand out from the competition is the amalgamation of two factors:
- Doing things which no one else does in the market.
- Doing things better than everyone else on the market.
In simple words, there are certain Cloud ERP features exclusive only to us. And when it comes to services which everyone provides, we do it in a more polished way.
What Makes Expand ERP The Best?
- We provide highly flexible ERP integration to suit every manufacturer’s needs.
- We provide End-to-end integrated software, which eliminates the need to have multiple vendors.
- We have provision for Third-party integration in our software. For example – Magento, Paytm, Warehouse
- We can also integrate Backlinks for e-commerce in our software.
- There is also a dedicated mobile app that adds to the on-the-go experience of cloud ERP.
- We have got 15+ Years of expertise behind us.
- Our success can be measured in terms of the success stories of our clients